- This event has passed.
Become an EPEC-Pediatrics Trainer
October 2 - October 4
The EPEC-Pediatrics curriculum features state-of-the-art knowledge in pain and symptom management and training in the skills required to address key domains for pediatric palliative care.
The program is designed to give pediatric healthcare professionals (incl. physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, psychologists etc.) the knowledge and skills needed to provide
excellent palliative care to their patients and their families.
- 3-day Train-the-Trainer Conference attendance
- Access to 18 self-study online modules on pain and symptom management, grief and bereavement, child development, and more • Receipt of all training materials in the curriculum upon successful completion of the course, including:
- 24 PowerPoint Presentations
- A comprehensive teaching handbook for each module to teach interdisciplinary teams
- Trigger videos
Additional Offering: The Professional Development Workshop (PDW) This 1-day hands-on small-group workshop is intended to familiarize participants with the theory and practice of adult learning and clinical practice improvement in teaching pediatric pain and palliative care. This is a required course for “Trainers” who wish to become a “Master Facilitator” and opens the possibility to join the EPEC-Pediatrics faculty upon completion. Individuals who want to further enhance their teaching and leadership skills are also welcome to attend. Additional fee: $500.
Registration Fee*: US $1350 (MDs), $950 (PA, Nurse Practitioner, APRN), $750 (Social Work,
Fellow, Resident, Nurse)
• Up to 38 AMA PRA Category 1 and MOC Part II points applied for
• International scholarships available for low-to-moderate income countries