ICPCN’s Excellent Education Lead
Prof Julia Downing is our Chief Executive and heads the education programme
The ICPCN recognises the need to make training on children’s palliative care more accessible and more affordable to all who need it. We have developed several short courses as part of a longer term strategy of providing eLearning programmes on all aspects of children’s palliative care.
Should you wish to improve your knowledge and understanding of children’s palliative care without leaving home, the ICPCN eLearning courses will keep you up-to-date with the latest information in the field.
What do I need?
Access to the internet. (DSL is recommended)
What is the cost?
Absolutely nothing – it is free.
How does it work?
- Log on to www.elearnicpcn.org
- Choose which module you would like to complete.
- Provide some personal details.
- Begin work on the module.
- You can stop at any stage and return later.
- Complete the assessments as you go along.
Yes, it really is that simple!
And then what?
On successful completion of the module and if you pass the assessment you will receive a certificate of completion from ICPCN.
What modules are on offer?
Modules are presently available in English, Spanish, Russian , French, Portuguese, Mandarin, Dutch and Serbian. More languages will be added.
- Introduction to Children’s Palliative Care
- WHO Guidelines on persisting pain in children
- Communicating with Children
- Childhood Development and Play
- Symptoms other than pain
- Non-pharmacological pain management
- End of life care
- Grief and Bereavement
Training Around the World
Through sponsorship and partnering, the ICPCN has been privileged to provide multi-professional training on the basic principles of children’s palliative care in a number of countries around the world, including:
- South Africa
- Czech Republic
- United States of America
- United Kingdom